Useful referral information
We have provided a link of some of the services that can support care home patients. Please click on the hyperlink for further information or relevant referral forms/referrals page. Unless otherwise stated, care homes can refer directly to all these services. Please inform the GP if you make a referral to these teams.
- @Home team and rapid response – Website for referral details
- 0203 049 5751
Admissions avoidance team who can support care for your patients at home. Referrals only from GPs who have seen patient within 24hours.
- 0203 049 5751
- Audiology home visits – Visit website for referral form or to request visit online or call.
- T) 0800 854 477
- For all audiology and appliance assessments and for ear wax removal. GP to ensure no wax is present
- Adult Continuing health care team (formally Southwark care home support team – await new website)
- T) 020 3049 8834 Email: email@example.com
- Support nursing homes with continuing care assessments.
- Community adult rehab team – Website for service and referral details.
- Southwark: 020 3049 8960
- For community or outpatient rehabilitation, mobility support, appliances and physiotherapy.
- The service may not suitable for patients with poor cognition/bed bound. Please call them, if needed, to discuss any cases and ensure referral is suitable.
- Malnutrition help line Call for dietetic support and advice
Mon – Fri 9-5pm 0203 049 7675
- Community mental health team for older people
020 3228 6920
- Mental Health Care Home Intervention Teams
- 020 3228 6928
- Supports patients who have particularly challenging behaviour.
- Neuro rehabilitation
- 020 3049 8940
- For Neuro-physiotherapy , Speech & Language Therapy, Swallow, Mobility aid
- Wheelchair assessment
- 020 3049 7760
Clinical guidance, surgery forms and support tools for care homes
- Critical Medicines List - do not omit or delay these medicines [April 2016]
- Traffic light Guide to BP Measurement in Care Homes [Jan 16]
- Anticoagulants_safety_reminder_final_version updated July 2016
- NOACs_information_sheet_for_care_homes_ updated Jan 2016 smaller file final July2016
- Admissions reflection sheet -print and complete for reflection around hospital and A&E admissions.
- Informing the surgery about a patient's death - Nurses to complete and fax to surgery
- Family bereavement note - To be given to family members
- GP Stock request form
- DeAR GP link - form to complete if you suspect a patient may have un-diagnosed dementia.
- GSTT dressing request form - Needs to be completed for all dressings requests. This is required for ALL dressing requests.
- 'DON’T waste medicines!' Flyer [Oct 15]
- Recognising Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) in care homes [May2016]